Feasibility study for a brownfield site located in the south docklands in Cork. The proposal provides commercial floor space in accordance with SDLAP recommended densities and aims to:
- Conform to the SDLAP configuration and open space provision (10-15% min with ca 20% provided);
- Build on City Council Campshire lands (increase in public open space to form the basis for justification);
- Locate taller buildings towards the quayside and locates lower buildings towards Marina Walk;
- Locate the focal landmark building at the sites apex / junction of Kennedy Quay and Victoria Road;
- Reduce the mass and bulk of the 2008 application buildings;
- Place public open space at the heart of the development.